A chapter of Joséphine's Eden is dedicated to l'Haÿ as a part of Joséphine's legacy:
"La Roseraie de l'Haÿ-les-Roses is spectacular. A veritable eden. It evolved out of Jules Gravereaux's desire to continue Joséphine's work with roses. On his vast
estate in l'Haÿ (Seine), this retired businessman started to collect and cultivate roses in 1894. The collection became so large by 1899 that Gravereaux commissioned Edourd André, a noted
landscape architect to create the first garden with only roses. Gravereaux also set himself the goal of collecting all the roses grown by Joséphine at Malmaison. The 'Allée de la Malmaison' contains
all the remaining roses of this collection. By 1910, the rose garden had become world renowned and the town requested that its name be changed to l'Haÿ-les-Roses."
In 1968, the County Council of Val-de-Marne purchased the property. The garden is now known as the Roseraie of Val-de-Marne at l'Haÿ-les-Roses. The Council has made a clear desire to continue the work of its predecessors as well as give new life to the Rose Garden.
Photographs ©2002 Norman S. Track from his book Joséphine's Eden